- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Bachelor of Economics from Murdoch University, Australia.
- Masters of Education from Monash University, Australia.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
- Currently pursuing Doctor in Education (EdD) at National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
- Former Ministry of Education (MOE) school teacher.
Awards and Accolades
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times’ newspapers as one of the five “most sought-after super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘zbCOMMA’ Chinese language newspapers as an inspirational and dedicated teacher.
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times’ newspapers as an “Economics tutor who puts theory into practice”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY’ newspapers for views on “staying ahead of the academic race”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore Business Review’ magazine as a “top tutor who brings economics theories to life”.
- Featured on ‘Today’s Parents’ magazine for “educating the new generation using unique teaching methodology”.
- Featured on ‘Domain of Experts’ premier tuition platform which names seasoned tutors hailing from prestigious top schools.
- Featured on ‘Channelnewsasia’ article on “bridging the gap between school and tuition”.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV programme as “an educator with extraordinary qualities”.
- Featured on ‘Popular Club Magazine’ on “How to Master GCE ‘A’ Level Economics”.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers as a “tutor with a passion for Economics”.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ and ‘MyPaper’ newspapers on his views about the usefulness of GCE ‘A’ level Economics ten-year-series.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on his views about using cheat sheets as an examination revision tool.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao‘ newspapers as a ‘one-man show’ Economics tutor who “wins students by word-of-mouth recommendation”.
- Featured on ‘Shin Min Daily News’ newspapers on his views about the tutoring industry.
- Featured on Singaporean digital news agency ‘mothership.sg’ as the “most amazeballs tuition teacher in Singapore”.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers as a “super tutor with a long waiting list of students”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore’s Child’ Magazine on his views about the “hype and trend of starting young in tuition today”.
- Featured on ‘U-Weekly Magazine’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘8-Days’ and ‘I-Weekly Magazine’ as a tutor who “motivates students to become investors and thinkers”.
- Featured on ‘Scholarship Guide Magazine’ as a renowned economics tutor sharing tips on how to clinch the scholarship.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on conducting the economics intensive revision programme that helps students spot topics by analysing past years’ trends.
- Featured on ‘The New Paper’ newspapers for “making economics come alive”.
- Featured on ‘Swiss National Public Radio and Television (SRF)’ on his views about the education landscape in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 8’ TV programme “A Guided Path”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY’ newspapers on how to ace A-level economics examinations.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers on his views on conducting ad-hoc tuition classes.
- Featured on ‘Weekender’ newspapers as a “super tutor for super learning”.
- Featured on ‘CNBC’ international TV as “a well-known face of Singapore’s booming private tuition industry and a part of an elite group of super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Southeast Asia Globe’, an international magazine, as a millionaire tutor who believes in offering services that go beyond the standard.
- Featured on the most viewed TV channel in Europe, France TV Channel TF1, on his life as a Super Tutor in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Vasantham’ TV programme ‘Unmai’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao’ newspapers on his views about foreign students in Singapore.
- Panel speaker at National Library Board’s 20th Anniversary Celebrations Discussion Forum “Out With Tuition and In With Reading”, moderated by Professor Tommy Koh, Ambassador-At-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘Dollars and Sense’ – “Star Economics tutor Anthony Fok helping students make sense of dollars!”
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘On the Job’ – “Super tutor Anthony Fok sharing his experience as a full-time Economics tutor”.
- Guest speaker on “Scoring for A-level Economics” at Popular BookFest Singapore 2017 at Suntec City Exhibition Hall.
- Guest speaker on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV Programme “The 5 Show” about tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore
- Fellow of The College of Teachers, Institute of Education, London, for individuals who have made a significant contribution to educational literature or to educational management at a senior level.
- Registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore.
Having taught at various private and government schools in Singapore and tutored economics for over 15 years, I am confident in delivering effective lessons to help you achieve your desired results.
It is important for students to have a detailed analysis of examination questions, understand the marking requirements and know what is important in each topic. Lessons will also cover model answers to case studies and essays, which display depth and rigour. Students will also learn key answering techniques and examination strategies to tackle commonly tested questions. My notes are concise and are effective for students to remember and grasp the economics concepts. The lessons also show how the various topics are interlinked and applicable in the real world.
Many students do have good understanding of the economics concepts but interpret the examination questions wrongly and thus do not score well in examinations. They require my guidance on how to effectively apply what they have learnt in school. I will teach students how to structure their essays well and develop examination skills required to ace the subjects.
I will also teach students how to tackle economics questions effectively to avoid common pitfalls and mistakes. They will learn shortcuts to mastering the subject and use structured framework to organise their answers in a coherent and systematic way. Students will receive 24/7 support via WhatsApp consultations and personalised feedback on their homework assignments.
My students consistently achieve significant grade improvements and are able to effectively tackle a wide range of question types in the economics examination. Join me for economics tuition classes and I will help you to accelerate your progress and achieve your distinction in economics.